At HPS we work as a team, emphasizing respect for one another, diversity, continuing education, collaboration, interaction, and celebration to maintain the excitement inherent in our profession.
Prospective candidates are asked to send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking an PROJECT ARCHITECT/ PROJECT MANAGER to join our team in our Palo Alto office! This person is responsible for directing, coordinating, and administering a major project or several small projects through all phases of development including Design Development, Construction Documentation, and Construction Administration. If you’re a knowledgeable leader, who has experience inspiring a team of Designers, Consultants, and Builders to deliver thoughtful projects for your clients, then we want to talk to you.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Lead a collaborative team of Designers, Engineers, and Builders to develop and execute a Client’s Vision and the Firm’s Goals & Principles.
- Design, Document and Execute high-quality projects through collaboration with the Client, Contractor and Engineers through all phases of the project.
- Maintain a high level of service through responsiveness, sensitivity to our client’s schedule, and budgets.
- Become a leader in the firm by developing a deeper understanding of sustainability, building products, construction details, regulations, latest design trends, and integrative technologies.
- Become a mentor to the numerous emerging professionals in our firm and be a resource for their professional growth.
- Working directly with a Principal-in-Charge or Senior Project Manager to maintain project progress within the specified fee structure, client schedule, and the firm’s document quality standards.
- Develop and maintain resource loaded work plans, project schedules, project meeting agendas and minutes, and design quality assurance documents necessary to complete a successful project.
- Communicate and collaborate with construction professionals to ensure the client’s goals and to execute the project’s design intent.
- Regularly attend meeting with the internal team members, clients, contractors, and other content specialists.
- Administer the project through all of the various development and construction phases as required by the contract including period site visits to review construction progress.
Your Skills & Qualifications to be Successful
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Hold an active registration as a Licensed Architect in the State of California
- Six to Ten Years of Experience Working in an Architectural Firm (Healthcare Experience preferred but not required).
- A strong understanding or experience working with local regulatory agencies and their various processes (OSPHD Experience preferred but not required).
- Exceptional Written, Verbal and Graphic Communication Skills are essential.
- Revit, Sketchup, and Microsoft Office Skills are essential.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel for project assignments.
- Experience with Integrated Project Delivery, Design-Assist, or Design-Build is preferred.
- Experience with LEED Delivery and Documentation and/or an active LEED credential is preferred
Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate with other design professionals
Self-confident; tenacious while maintaining positive working relationships with clients, outside consultants, and technical staff
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Revit enthusiast
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plans for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k. Aside from these tangible benefits, we offer a place for ambitious individuals to learn and organically grow into greater roles within the firm.
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We'll be sure to contact you if we need more information.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be part of a collaborative team to execute a Client’s Vision and the Firm’s Goals & Principles.
- Coordinate with project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and AHJ’s.
- Support the Project Manager/Architect in the development of the design and detailing.
- Assist in tracking budget and schedule, anticipate required staff resources and manage resource workplans to successfully execute a project.
- Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of the virtual building model and all documents in the drawing set.
- Mentor more junior staff; share expert knowledge of building products, construction details, regulations, and quality standards.
- Lead the BIM coordination team of designers, consultants and builders.
- Provide support during the construction observation phase of a project.
- Attend jobsite meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and shop drawing during Construction Administration.
Your Skills & Qualifications to be Successful
- Accredited Degree in Architecture
- 3-5 years of related professional experience
- Technical knowledge of commercial building construction
- Demonstrated 3D modeling/BIM proficiency (Revit preferred)
- Experience working with local regulatory agencies and their various processes
- Exceptional Written, Verbal and Graphic Communication Skills
- Experience with LEED Delivery and Documentation
We are searching for Senior Medical Planner who will be responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing the medical programming and space planning of our projects. Responsibilities will include client interaction and extensive knowledge of basic medical equipment requirements. Candidate must be capable of working with consultants and staff assisting in the production of schematic, design development, and construction documents, as well as being able to assist with construction administration. Candidate should be experienced with current building code applications.
Degree in architecture or other relevant discipline.
Minimum of 6 - 10+ years of medical equipment planning experience, ideally with some project management experience.
Ability to formulate and participate in project interviews and presentations.
Candidate will need to demonstrate the proven ability to interact professionally with healthcare clients and design team members including demonstration of familiarity with clinical processes, facility management requirements and knowledge of current medical equipment technology.
Have the skills necessary to work effectively with principal-in-charge and project architect/project design team to maintain project progress within specified fee structure, quality management and document quality standards.
Familiarity with architectural practice, including documentation and phasing
Familiarity with construction methods, materials and costs
Understanding of building systems
Understanding of code requirements, industry standards, space requirements, best practices and emerging trends for hospitals and other healthcare project types
Ability to take projects from initial concepts through design development
Ability to lead planning groups for large projects
Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required.
Position requires good written and verbal communication skills.
Proficient in Word, Excel and REVIT/AutoCAD a plus.
When you grow, we grow. We value employee engagement and long-term commitment for continued growth and prosperity. For dedicated staff, your contributions lead to increased vesting in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
HPS is committed to providing equal opportunity to all our personnel. The firm does not discriminate against any member of its staff or any applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, sex or any basis unrelated to the individual's ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position.